I have been Headteacher of Faringdon Community College for the last 20 years and Executive Headteacher of the Faringdon Academy of Schools since spring 2013.
My career started as a Mathematics teacher, then onto Head of a Mathematics department through to Deputy Headship which then progressed to my current position. I have taught in schools in London, Hong Kong and Germany, to finally settle in Oxfordshire. During part of my time working with the Service Children’s Education Authority, I was the authority lead on the Records of Achievement. I was chair of the Oxfordshire Secondary Heads Association for two years and was designated as a National Leader in Education in 2008.
As the Executive Head I drive forwards the vision and objectives of the Faringdon Academy of Schools.
1. To be the best multi school Academy Trust in Southern England (all schools outstanding)
2. To achieve seamless progression across all key stages
3. To achieve a vibrant community dimension
4. To build a long term sustainable academy education strategy
5. To ensure the Academy proactively adds value to member schools.
To achieve this I:
1. Lead the Academy Improvement Team; supporting schools to achieve Outstanding
2. Lead the Academy Leadership Team, a regular meeting of the head teachers within the Academy
3. Act as External Advisor for Head teachers appraisals
4. Support LGB’s in Head teacher appointments
5. Ensure the smooth running on a day to day basis of the Academy with the Academy Finance and Business Director.
Attendance at Full Board Meetings 2015/16: 6/6
Attendance at Full Board Meetings 2016/17: 4/6
Term of office: ex-officio
Membership Type: Executive Head